Last updated: August 17, 2023
Types of Data Collected
While You are using this Website, we may request that You provide (or You may voluntarily provide) Us with certain information that, either alone or in combination with other information, can be used to identify You as an individual (“Personal Information”). Personal Information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
We may collect, and Our authorized third-party service providers may collect, Personal Information in a number of ways, including:
- Through Our operations: We collect Personal Information that You voluntarily provide, including when You visit this Website, sign up for an email list or fill out a contact sheet, or communicate with Us by any electronic means.
- Offline: We may collect Personal Information from You offline, including when You provide information in conjunction with Our services, when You interact with Us as or on behalf of a client, or when You provide Personal Information directly to Us.
- From Other Sources: We may receive Your personal information from other sources, for example:
- publicly available databases and websites;
- individuals and entities to whom We provide services, or who provide services to Us, which may include Your employer; and
- social media platforms.
Other Information is any information that does not reveal Your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual. This may include but is not limited to:
- Browser and device information;
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags, and other technologies;
- Demographic information and other information provided by You that does not reveal Your specific identity; and
- Information that has been aggregated in a manner such that it does not reveal Your specific identity.
We and Our authorized service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through Your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through Your device, such as Your mobile network information, physical location, Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, and Internet browser type and version.
- Through cookies. “Cookies” are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to Your computer’s hard drive through Your internet browser that enables the sites’ or service providers’ systems to recognize Your browser and capture and remember certain information. This helps Us to improve Your access to this Website, identify repeat visitors, help ensure the authenticity of registered users, target advertising and enable website traffic monitoring.
At this time, We do not respond to browser “do not track” signals or other similar mechanisms. Go to http://www.networkadvertising.org. or http://www.aboutads.info if You wish to learn more about Your options to not accept tracking cookies for the purpose of receiving targeted interest-based advertisements. Please note that the opt-out is cookie-based and will only affect the specific computer and browser on which the opt-out is applied.
- Through pixel tags and other similar technologies. Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used among other things to track the actions of users of the Services (including email recipients), measure the success of Connell’s marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about usage of the Services and response rates.
- IP Address. Your IP address is automatically assigned to Your computer by Your Internet Service Provider. An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in Our server log files whenever a user accesses the Services, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications, and other services.
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where We are required to do otherwise under applicable law. In some instances, We may combine Other Information with Personal Information. If We do, We will treat the combined information as Personal Information as detailed in this Policy for as long as it is combined.
Third Parties Working With Us
We do not sell Your Personal Information to any third parties.
Use of Your Personal Information
We and Our authorized third-party service providers may use the Personal Information We collect for the following purposes:
- To provide, maintain and improve Our Website, including to monitor the usage of our Website.
- To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication.
- To provide You with news, marketing materials, special offers, and general information about other goods, services, and events We offer that are similar to those that You have already enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To accomplish Our business purposes including to perform a contract We are about to or have entered into with You, to comply with a legal obligation, or to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims;
- To accomplish other purposes relating to Our business operations including data analysis, audits, detecting any security incidents and protecting against any malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, compliance or verifying compliance with legal, regulatory or contractual requirements, identifying usage trends, and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
- To solicit, evaluate, negotiate or conclude a business transfer including to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by Us about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We may disclose Your Personal Information as necessary or appropriate, in connection with an express or implied contractual relationship with You or for Your benefit, or when We have a legal obligation to do so. This includes the following:
- Business partners and authorized third-party service providers – We may share Your information with Our business partners and authorized third party service providers to provide the information or services You requested, offer You certain products, services or promotions, and to monitor and analyze the use of our Website.
- Other legal requirements – The Company may disclose Your Personal Information in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation;
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company;
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Website;
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Website or the public; or
- Protect against legal liability.
- Law enforcement – Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Information if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
- With Your consent – We may disclose Your Personal Information for any other purpose with Your consent.
Retention of Your Personal Information
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Website, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Information
Your information, including Personal Information, is processed at Our operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. Therefore, this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of Your jurisdiction.
Security of Your Personal Information
The security of Your Personal Information is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially reasonable and acceptable means to protect Your Personal Information, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Option To Discontinue Marketing-Related Emails
If You no longer want to receive marketing-related emails, direct mail and other content from Us on a going-forward basis, You may opt-out by following the unsubscribe instructions in any such message or by contacting Us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will undertake efforts to comply with Your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if You choose to discontinue receiving marketing-related emails from Us, We may still send You important administrative messages, which You cannot elect to discontinue.
Notice Regarding Children’s Privacy
The Website is a general audience site for use by adults age 18 or over, and is intended for use solely by individuals in the United States. The Website is not designed or intended for use by persons under the age of 18.
We do not knowingly collect or store any Personal Information from children under the age of 18. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time with their children online and to be fully familiar with the online services used by their children. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child under 18 has provided Us with information without his or her consent, he or she should contact Us at email@example.com.
This Website may contain links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by Us. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or information privacy and security practices of any other websites, and We encourage You to review the separate privacy policies of those websites. We are not responsible for the content of linked sites, Your use of any linked sites, or any information (including Your Personal Information) collected, posted, used, or displayed by operators of any linked sites. This includes, but is not limited to, social media sites (e.g., Facebook, Pinterest, X, etc.) or any other application developer, application provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider, or device manufacturer that is not affiliated with Us.
Visitors From Outside the United States—Cross-Border Transfer
We request that You not send Us, and You not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious, philosophical, or other beliefs, information related to sex life or sexual orientation, health data, biometric or genetic characteristics, criminal convictions and offenses, or trade union membership) on or through this Website or otherwise to Us.
Connell Legal Department
300 Connell Drive
Berkeley Heights, NJ 07922
Because most email communications are not secure, please do not include any sensitive information in Your emails to Us.